Key Tasks, Duties and Accountabilities
To perform a technical, organisational and supervisory role on construction projects, setting out and determining the location for above and underground infrastructural installations involved in construction operations.
Apply designs and plans to mark out the site and can be involved in projects ranging from £50,000 to £3 million ventures. This may include civil, road, and other infrastructure projects.
You will work as part of the site management team liaising with and working alongside, construction managers, site supervisors, quantity surveyors, operatives and subcontractors. Sharing responsibility for site security, health and safety, and the organisation and supervision of material and human resources.
Work activities vary depending on the type of employers and nature of the project but typically involve:
- Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations;
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant;
- Agreeing a price for materials, and making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
Job Skills, Experience, Qualifications and Interpersonal Essential Skills
Experience of working as a Site Engineer in a civil engineering or ground works environment. Ideally you will have relevant qualification either at degree or HND level in one of the following disciplines; civil engineering, structural engineering, building engineering, construction studies or building surveying.
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good people and project management experience
Job Holder will be expected to visit site on a regular basis and as such will need to be CSCS accredited.
If you would like to work with us then please contact us to discuss
As an equal opportunities employer, ACS Construction Group is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join ACS.