Key Tasks, Duties and Accountabilities
- The ideal candidate will be working within the ground works and civil engineering industry in a similar role. They will have experience in earthworks, groundworks, drainage, concrete structures, road works, external works and building works.
- Candidates will be educated to degree level in a relevant subject, ideally Quantity Surveying and have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar role.
- Candidates should be computer literate with good financial and commercial acumen, good organisational and management skills and an ability to get on with and influence people at all levels.
- Experience of working with Evaluate estimating software would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Eque2 would be advantageous.
Key duties & accountabilities:
- Sub-Contract Procurement
- Raising Sub-Contract Orders
- Raising Sub-Contact Certificates
- Site Visits/Liaise with ACS work force (monitor progress, collect site records, discuss additional works, run through valuations)
- Site Visits to liaise with other project stakeholders (Main contractors, Subcontractors etc)
- Measurements from drawings using On Screen Take Off software (Tenders, Valuations, etc.)
- QS Reports (Cost analysis)
- Monthly Valuations (Valuing/Measuring contract works, assessing dayworks, providing back up to claims)
- Monitoring project costs
- Monitoring performance of suppliers/subcontractors
A consistently high performing Company, ACS’ growth is due to a strong order book and pipeline in a number of new emerging sectors. Holding a range of accreditations, including the prestigious Investors in People Gold award, ACS is committed to training and developing our staff.
Quality, safety, customer satisfaction and professionalism are important core values that the company is built on. This is a great opportunity to join an ever-growing company.
Based in our Cheadle office, we are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our team. The role is permanent and full time.
The job holder will work on several contracts ranging in value from £50,000 to £8M and will be responsible for managing all commercial aspects relating to the project while still achieving the required standards and quality.
Duties will include managing costs on individual sites, valuing completed work, preparation/submission of interim applications and final accounts and the ongoing review of contractual terms and agreements.
Location: UK Wide
Salary – £Negotiable DOE
Annual Leave – 25 days plus BH
Car allowance/Company Car
Job Skills, Experience, Qualifications and Interpersonal Essential Skills
- Minimum of ONC/D in Construction or civil engineering related discipline
- Computer proficiency – Advanced.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Team player
- Detailed civil engineering and construction contractual understanding
- Thorough understanding of the principles of the resources required to prepare and manage valuations.
- Detailed understanding of civil engineering and construction techniques.
- An awareness of the health and safety implications of different construction methods.
- Knowledge of construction contract formation
- Contribute and produce a contractor’s proposal document
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Preparation of estimates using a specialist software package.
Training will be provided to gain CSCS accreditation. This will allow the post holder permission to visit sites.
If you would like to work with us then please contact us to discuss
As an equal opportunities employer, ACS Construction Group is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join ACS.