Key Tasks, Duties and Accountabilities
- Management of enquiries to supply chain using estimating software and email
- Preparation, collection and analysis of tenders to facilitate supply chain comparisons and reconciliations.
- Site visits to assess logistical and technical constraints.
- The abstraction of details from tender documents for internal reporting.
- Preparation of prime cost estimates.
- Meet clients and represent the company
- Management of Eque2 software and estimating processes.
- Monitoring and recording cost data.
- Ensure proper records are kept. Ensure compliance with the company’s internal management systems.
- Expert in civil engineering and construction quantification using specialist software.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of the resources required to prepare an estimate.
- Detailed understanding of civil engineering and construction techniques.
- An awareness of the health and safety implications of different construction methods.
- Knowledge of construction contract formation
- Contribute and produce a contractor’s proposal document
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Preparation of estimates using a specialist software package.
A consistently high performing Company, ACS’ growth is due to a strong order book and pipeline in a number of new emerging sectors. Holding a range of accreditations, including the prestigious Investors in People Gold award, ACS is committed to training and developing our staff.
Quality, safety, customer satisfaction and professionalism are important core values that the company is built on. This is a great opportunity to join an ever-growing company.
Based in our Cheadle office, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing detailed and competitive tenders and delivering these against specific deadlines.
The job holder will be required to work with the commercial team to produce estimates and cost plans on projects ranging in value from £50k to £10m and will assist in all aspects of work winning relating to the project.
The candidate should have experience of pre and post-tender negotiations with clients and key stakeholders.
Regular co-operation with planners, design managers, contract managers, consultants and our suppliers to offer innovative solutions and tender proposals.
Annual Leave – 25 days plus BH
Job Skills, Experience, Qualifications and Interpersonal Essential Skills
- Minimum of ONC/D in Construction or civil engineering related discipline
- Computer proficiency – Advanced.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Team player
Training will be provided to gain CSCS accreditation. This will allow the post holder permission to visit sites.
If you would like to work with us then please contact us to discuss
As an equal opportunities employer, ACS Construction Group is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join ACS.