Key Tasks, Duties and Accountabilities
Responsible for managing construction projects from inception to completion. The works are predominantly Civil Engineering and Construction in nature.
Key duties & accountabilities:
- Make safety inspections and ensure construction/site safety.
- Ensuring the project runs to schedule and to budget.
- Find solutions to problems that may cause delays, such as the late arrival of materials.
- Play a major role in pre-site and on-site meetings with a range of professionals who work to ensure a construction contract is successful, including quantity surveyors, contract administrators, site foremen, subcontractors, and the client who has commissioned the work.
- Maintain strict quality control procedures – this necessitates regular testing of materials, visual inspections of work, and frequent tours of the site.
- Liaise with/reporting progress to clients, professional staff (such as architects and surveyors) and the public.
- Supervising ACS directly employed operatives.
- Management of Subcontractors.
- Check and prepare site reports, designs and drawings.
- Maintaining quality control procedures.
- Motivating the workforce.
- Conducting regular site safety checks.
- Carry out annual PDRs for staff.
Job Skills, Experience, Qualifications and Interpersonal Essential Skills
- Excellent Organizational & Management skills.
- IT Literate
- Excellent Communication & Negotiation Skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good technical experience of civil engineering activities.
- Good Knowledge & Understanding of Health & Safety Regulations.
- Good ability to think on feet and problem solve.
Committed to Self Development & continuing professional development
- Job Holder will be expected to be CSCS accredited with appropriate Industry Accreditation or NVQ.
- First Aid at Work.
- Temporary Works Coordinator
A consistently high performing Company, ACS’ growth is due to a strong order book and pipeline in a number of new emerging sectors. Holding a range of accreditations, including the prestigious Investors in People Gold award, ACS is committed to training and developing our staff.
Quality, safety, customer satisfaction and professionalism are important core values that the company is built on. This is a great opportunity to join an ever-growing company.
To prepare sites prior to the commencement of construction work (Prepare RAMS, Client Liaison, Ordering Materials and Plant).
- Management of sites
- Health and Safety
- To plan and ensure that projects meet agreed specifications.
- Manage programs of work, budgets and/or timescales.
- Oversee construction work on a day-to-day basis and manage associated employees.
- To be commercially aware and work closely with the project QS
Location: UK Wide
Line Manager: Energy and Utility Operations Director
If you would like to work with us then please contact us to discuss
As an equal opportunities employer, ACS Construction Group is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join ACS.